Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello, December


"I looked at my hands to see if I was de same person now I was free. Dere was such glory ober everything, de sun came like gold trou de trees, and ober de fields, and I felt like I was in heaven." -Harriet Tubman
I had a dream this morning while I was still asleep. I was in Kenya with my team. It was different though. And I didn't know where I was. The place was unfamiliar. I was afraid for some reason. I didn't know why. Then all of the sudden I was in a river surrounded by rocks and I was so petrified because even in my dream, I could not swim. So I was clinging to the huge red rocks as the the river was sweeping me away. I remember seeing my wet hands and fingers and nails, scratching, trying to grip. But I could not climb, I was so weak. I was crying.
It was really scary.
Now, I'm not really one to try and "decode" my dreams. I think it's silly. But, I do believe that sometimes they can be symbolic. And it's obvious to me, what the symbols in this dream meant.
I feel so selfish asking for your prayers. Because I understand that there are other needs in this world. Other people in more need than I.
But I would appreciate your prayers. For strength, motivation, peace, and patience.

1 comment:

  1. i love you.
    this picture is beautiful.
    and i want you to know i'm here, and i'm with you.
    we love the same Man :)
    and He loves us too.
    that's why you're my sister.
    you have my prayers

    ReplyDelete