Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thoughts on November 9, 2010

"You make beautiful things out of dust;
You make beautiful things out of us."

I am feeling very secure on this day. What a wonderful feeling.
That my Father "makes me dwell in safety"
He lies me down in PEACE and gives me REST.


Psalm 3:3-5

"But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head.
I cried to the Lord with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill.
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustained me."

This reminded me of when I was young and lived with my grandparents back in Texas.
When I would have terrible dreams and couldn't sleep, my grandfather, Tata, would take me into his arms, pray over me and sing 'Allelujah' until I fell back to sleep. I was safe there.
He heard my cry in the night, and gave me rest.
I am encouraged by my grandfather over and over again. Just the thought of him. The most patient man I have ever known. Peace and joy in every line of his face. Humbleness in his voice.
He taught me how to capture beauty and God's creation through a lens, he gave me my first camera, and gave me my current camera. He taught me to pursue a career that I had a desire for, even if it wouldn't make me a lot of money.
What wisdom this man has.
It's so awesome to see the amazing people God has placed in my life.
And to see the things that I remember from my childhood, lessons I've been taught and learned, and how they are playing in my decision making this year, this day, this hour.
And all the while, it is what God has orchestrated.
His hand is over everything.
And that is why I am safe.
Psalm 4:8
"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety"

1 comment:

  1. this is wonderful. today is a good day to read this. it's grey and cloudy...they sky looks yellow and fall is in everything.
    i love seeing you drinking out of our mug.
    i love hearing this side of you.
    i love blogs, because they are an outlet to our deepest thoughts sometimes we can't express to a human being.
    i want to meet tata

    ReplyDelete