Friday, October 1, 2010

Be My Only


I am twenty years old and the majority of my friends are getting married. And it seems like it's only getting harder on me. Pathetic right?! In the back of my mind, (and I know this is silly), I hear an annoying voice say, "Always the bridemaid, never the bride!" The kind of tone a 4 year old would use when mocking you.



It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have this crazy, (and natural), desire to be a wife. For some reason, I think I would be so good at it.



Please do not get me wrong. I do not mean to sound bitter and jealous towards my married/engaged/promised friends. I am SO excited for them. For their marraige! Because I know that God will be in it.


It's just something I have had to continually deal with for over a year now. I really do want Jesus to completely fill that role in my life. I want that more than marriage. I know that I do. Satan has tried to convince me that He is not enough. But that is a lie.


Jesus, become my only. Be my husband, my best friend, my Father.


The love of God is stronger!





My best friend Sarah Hankins is coming to Greensboro for a few days to visit her fiance and to hang out with me! I can barely wait. I get to take their engagement photos! If I didn't have women like Sarah in my life, I would be one super angry, uptight, and depressed young lady.





PRAISE GOD!

1 comment:

  1. i am so thankful for you.
    i really struggle with feeling valuable and worth something.
    i really needed to read this, knowing you wrote it without knowing i would read it.

    you are amazing. i am so proud of you.
    i am so glad this blog is the perfect colors to fit you.
    i am so glad you tagged me in this post that if someone were to search my name, they might find this.

    you're incredible and i love you!

    ReplyDelete