Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Treat


Today, I had an appointment with my advisor about which classes I should take next semester. I don't know how I didn't realize it before, but the appointment was in the building for education majors. It was so encouraging just to be there. It made me remember why I was going to college in the first place. I want, so badly to become a teacher.
My whole life, seriously, I have had that desire.

I used to make my brother and sister play "school" with me where I was the teacher, they were the students, and my mother served as the principal, janitor, and cafeteria lady.

I would actually give them homework; they hated me when I was in my teacher mode.

I dreamed of the day that I would have my own desk, with my own stapler, tape dispenser and other office supplies. And I remember the day that my mother and I went out and found my dream desk. The same day she gave me my first stapler.

O what a happy day!

So, just walking into that buiding today, nothing could take that joy away from me at that moment. Even the people inside seemed different. It was as if they understood me!

They saw my desire, just like I saw theirs.

It also made me realize, that there is nothing more attractive to me, than a man who has the desire to teach children one day.

I got to see those kinds of men today!

I think I really needed that encouragement.

I also found out at my appointment that I actually get to start taking teacher education classes next semester! I didn't think I would be able to do that until next Fall.

Praise God!


No comments:

Post a Comment