Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 5, 2010

Walking in Target today while I waited for some photos to be printed, I got kind of sad.

I was observing the people that where shopping. Many were mothers with children sitting in the shopping carts. I was honestly horified at how much these mothers were neglecting their screaming, crying children. One lady, which I saw every once in a while the whole time I spent in the store, was on her phone chatting with a friend while her poor little girl was just talking away to her mother that wasn't listening. It was so obvious that she just wanted to show her mother funny things; spend time with her. But I wonder if the mother even noticed.

It made me think of the children in Kenya. There were SO many children that the majority of them would not get paid any attention. Their faces would light up everytime someone from our team would reach out to hold their hand, to take their photo, to pick them up, hug them, smile at them.





I have been missing those children a lot these days.

1 comment:

  1. you're beautiful
    i love the heart that is being built up in you

    ReplyDelete